Monday, July 11, 2011

Epic Vacation Part 1: SERC #8--Clemson, South Carolina (6/26/11)


My family and I left home June 24th to start a 2 week road trip. Our first stop along the way was Clemson, South Carolina for SERC #8. We pre-rode the course on Saturday. It had a little bit of everything in it, and wasn't the easiest course to ride. There were new sections of trail that had just been cut, really fast, rocky downhills, and long, tough climbs.

Scenery
The kids' race on Sunday was fun.  It included a section of the new trail, and one really good climb to the finish. The boys I raced against didn't have a chance to pre-ride it, so I was asked to be the rabbit for the first lap and lead them around the course. That was kind of cool.


The Juniors race was much more difficult. There were 13 kids racing and some of the really big ones were very fast. I finished in 7th place and my friend Trent finished right behind me in 8th. Even though I didn't make it to the podium this time, I raced hard and was happy with the way I finished.

Trent
From Clemson, we drove another 2 days out to Ft. Collins, Colorado to visit some friends. Look for details in part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment