Monday, January 31, 2011

Cocunut Cup #5--Markham Park (1/30/11)

The fifth race in the Coconut Cup series took place at Markham Park in Sunrise, Florida.
On Saturday, my family and I came over to pre-ride the course. Uncle Louie followed us to the park and rode a little bit with us. This was only his second time on the mountain bike trails after a long time of not riding. He did okay on the kids' course, but when my dad suggested he try the more difficult trails, Uncle Louie didn't do so great. In fact, he went over his handle bars on one tough downhill drop and got scratched up. My mom got mad at my dad and then they bailed out of the trail. She and Uncle Louie decided to ride the "cruiser loop" around the lake instead, while my dad and I continued with some other friends who caught up to us. After a while, the trail got to be very difficult for me and I went back to the parking lot to play with my friends.

Getting ready for a Nerf war

Sunday's race was a lot of fun. We did 3 laps for a total of 3 miles. Trent and I exchanged the lead several times (including one big wipe out going into the woods).


On the third lap I thought I had the race won because I got way ahead, but then I came up on lap traffic in the woods, which allowed Trent to catch up.





In the end, he passed me just before we got to the gate and beat me AGAIN. I was VERY frustrated to lose the lead one more time, but I got over it and congratulated Trent on the win. Watch the video of the race below.



After the race, Trent, Bryce and I led the 3-5 year-olds around for their lap and then went to play. Bryce and Trent taught me to do a wheelie. It was a great day!
My dad and me. He got 4th place in his class.
 **Mountain Bike Mike would like to thank Mrs. Kovi for the action photos I "borrowed" for this blog.**

No comments:

Post a Comment