Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Epic Vacation Part 2: Ft. Collins, Colorado

Mom and me at Horsetooth Reservoir
After the SERC race in Clemson, we drove out to Ft. Collins, Colorado and stayed a few days with some friends. One day we went mountain biking with them at some trails alongside the Horsetooth Reservoir. It was fun because the trails were hard-packed, not too rocky, and easy. Angela and Josh got tired after a couple of miles so they went back to the reservoir so Josh could swim, and my mom, dad, and I rode on for another few miles, meeting up with them a little later on.

Besides mountain biking, my other favorite thing to do is go fishing. Luckily, my friend Josh also loves to go fishing, so we spent a lot of time at the pond in the park near his house fishing. He said that the city had stocked it with bass and trout and we caught some pretty nice ones while I was there. This poor guy got hurt while I was pulling him in.
This is a fox that I saw at the elementary school in Josh's neighborhood on the way to the pond.
Josh also has a trampoline in the back yard. His sister Ashley is a gymnast. While we were there, I learned how to do a front flip on the trampoline. This is a short video my mom took with my phone. The first one I landed on my feet, but the second one I didn't do as well.

The same day I learned to do the front flip, my parents and I went riding on the Blue Sky trail. This trail followed a ridge up to a place called Devil's Backbone and overlooked a valley.
Before we had gone too far on our ride, my dad had to make some repairs to my bike, because it just wasn't shifting right. (This probably had something to do with the fact that I got fishing line caught in the derailleur the day before and had to cut it out--oops!)
This trail was more difficult than the one at Horsetooth, because it was more rocky and required more climbing, but was still fairly easy. Here are some more pictures my mom and dad took on the ride.



After Ft. Collins, it was on to Breckenridge and part 3 of our epic vacation......

No comments:

Post a Comment