Tuesday, October 18, 2011

FSC #4--Lithia, Florida (10/16/11)

Last weekend's race at Alafia River State Park was definitely a challenging one for me. First of all, I got grounded by my mom for losing my temper and saying some things I shouldn't have during the 9-11 year olds' race at Haile's Trail two weeks ago and had to sit this race out. I still cheered for my friends, and my dad still made a video, but it was hard to not be racing.



Secondly, the course at Alafia is really cool, but very technical and difficult. And third, after getting a better start than I have for a while, I had my chain come off more than once during the Juniors' race and lost time and spots having to fix it. Bummer.
 The good news is that I finally got my new glasses last week and was able to actually see the trail markers and trees BEFORE I hit them. (Ha! Ha!) In the video of the Juniors' race, you can see what I mean about the trail being one of the harder but fun courses to ride.You can also see that I wasn't the only one to have some trouble out there.



On the podium this week: Dustin (1st), Adam (2nd), John (3rd), Jacob (4th), Taylor (5th). Good job, guys!!

I also want to congratulate Madison for her 4th place finish in the Base Women's race. Check out her blog at My Life As A Mountain Biker. You can see her riding hard in the video too.






Next week, we race close to home again at San Felasco Hammock in Alachua. This is where I did the 8 Hours of Labor race with Trent and Bryce. I really like the trail, so it should be another great race!!

No comments:

Post a Comment