Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Georgia State Championship Series #1--Farmington, GA (3/27/11)

OK....so my dad couldn't wait 2 weeks to race in North Carolina and decided that we should go up to Georgia to do the first race of the Georgia State Championship Series in Farmington. Mom has been sick ever since the last race, so it was just my dad and me on this trip.

We left right after my dad got off of work on Saturday, so we didn't get to pre-ride anything the day before like we usually do. We also missed out on the time trial. Apparently, the time trial got rained out too, so anybody who signed up to participate got extra points. Bummer.

When we got to our motel, it was still raining, and it rained until we left in the morning. We found out when we got to the park that the start/finish line and all the racers' pits were under the cover of a pavillion. That was pretty cool.

With it being so wet, my dad and I decided to pre-walk the course for the Kids 9-11 race instead of riding it. By race time, it wasn't raining anymore, but it was getting cold, and I wonder if that's why not too many kids showed up.


This is my serious mountain biker pose.
Dad decided to make a video of all the kids out racing instead of breaking it up into classes, since there weren't many there. The 3 to 5 year olds were my favorite, and the kids on training wheels were so cute, but one little guy without training wheels blew them all away. You can see the action in the video below. Video from my dad's race can be seen at mtbmike.com.



The race was fun, even though it was really wet and muddy on the trail. My jersey and pants were completely covered in orange mud. I knew my mom was going to have a heart attack when she saw it, because it was going to be hard to get clean, but I was hoping my first place finish would make up for it. :)



Because it was so cold and wet out, I didn't ride in the Juniors 11-14 class this time, but I can't wait to try it out next week in Bryson City.

No comments:

Post a Comment