Monday, February 10, 2014

Whole Athlete/Specialized Winter Training Camp (Part 1)


The first thing I want to say about my trip to the Whole Athlete/Specialized Team Camp is that it was a blast!! I met some great people and rode at some amazing places.


My dad and I, along with my grandparents, left for camp on Wednesday afternoon. We originally had a really early morning flight, but with the weather in Atlanta, it got cancelled the night before and my dad had to scramble to find us an alternate flight out to San Francisco. Luckily, there was one leaving Wednesday afternoon that had room for us. We had one plane change in Phoenix before getting to California. By the time we got there, it was 12 am west coast time (3 am Florida time) and I was exhausted.

Thanks to my awesome EVOC bike case, my bike made it safe and sound. I got her put back together first thing the next morning and couldn't wait to ride. Of course, camp didn't officially start until Friday, so I actually did end up having to wait one more day.



Thursday I spent with my family sight-seeing around San Francisco. We saw some beautiful beaches, woods, and views overlooking the city and the bay. It was a good time, but I was really looking forward to riding and staying at the team house the rest of the weekend.

More on that in part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment