Monday, December 6, 2010

Amelia Earhart Park (CC #3 and FSC Make-up Race)

The first weekend in December was full of great mountain bike racing action at Amelia Earhart Park in Hialeah. This was the make-up race for the Florida State Championship and also the third race in the Coconut Cup Series. I was hoping for a big win to be able to replace one of my lower scores in the FSC and gain some ground on Trent and Nicho in the CC. I didn't quite get everything I was hoping for, but it was still a great race and I ended up in second place.

Here we are lining up for the start of the race.

I got a great start (for once) and was right behind Trent.



Below is our video of the race.


 After the 9-11 year old race, Bryce and I weren't sure we were going to do the novice class race, like we had the last two times. We had ridden the course on Saturday and it was very challenging, but when some mean lady took down our bike ramp, we decided just to try it for fun. After all, it was going to be a long trip home.

I actually came in 22nd out of 31 and beat 9 other people (8 of them grown-ups). The best part was the finish, when I sprinted past a man in my class. Unfortunately, he wasn't about to let a kid beat him, and he caught back up and just beat me to the line. Oh well, maybe next time.

Mom made this short little video using some extra footage she took of my friends and me during the novice race.




(Mountain Bike Mike would like to thank Mrs. Burnett and Mr. Cattani for posting most of the pictures that I "borrowed" for this week's blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment