Sunday, February 26, 2012

Playing Catch-up (Part 3: 12 Hours of Santos & Healing Up)

This is me last Tuesday, after I got my stitches out and looked more normal and felt a lot better.

Only a couple of days earlier, at the 12 Hours of Santos race, though, I looked like this (not so pretty, but still way better than before) as I walked around and tried to collect money for Livestrong.

Bryce, Trent & Nicho before the race
Obviously, since I was still recovering from the accident, I didn't get to ride with my teammates, Nicho, Trent, and Bryce for the race, but they were really cool about keeping me a part of the team. In fact, they came up with the funny team name, Mikey No Likey Not Ridey His Bikey. LOL! I guess Underage Rage: Volume 2 will have to wait until next year.

Trent took my position as the starter and led the team by doing the run up the hill and the first lap. He had a pretty good start, too. Notice who's still on his bike, and who's pushing.

Nicho did the second lap, and Bryce took the third and they alternated in that order the rest of the day. Trent made it back in time on his last lap to send Nicho out one more time, and they did a total of 14 laps that day. Awesome!


Dave gave them special recognition before the awards for being the youngest team ever to compete in the 12 Hours of Santos. I was really disappointed that I didn't get to race with them. In fact, I actually went home around 4:00 and went to bed, because I didn't feel well (and was grumpy), so I didn't get to see them at the end, but I am very proud of my friends for doing such a great job. You guys rocked!

One last thing.....

The week before the 12 Hours of Santos, my dad and I got our new FirstPlaceRacing.com/On the Fly Race Supply kits. Look for us to be sporting these and looking sharp at the Mellow Johnny's Classic next weekend in Texas. Wish us luck! And thanks to all the Florida mountain bikers who have supported us by generously donating to the Livestrong Foundation. Thanks to all of you, we didn't just meet our goal, we beat it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment